Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning to Look like Christmas Around Here!!

While we were in Florida visiting with my in-laws, we decided to take a walk around downtown UCF (Central Florida University) where Scot spent his college days. They hold an annual "Light Up UCF" and it was fun to ride all of the rides and see all of the lights at the campus. Ryder LOVED the Santa Train, and we took him on the ferris wheel too which I was a little nervous but he did great! Afterwards we decided to give Santa a try. At first we tried the "drop-and-go" method but that didn't work so well, and so Scot and I stayed for the family picture with Santa. It came out pretty cute if only Ryder was smiling, but I guess I shouldn't complain since at least he wasn't crying! This certainly got us in the Christmas spirit, so when we got home last Monday, we decided we were too tired to get our Christmas tree but would get it later in the week. By Saturday we had our tree and decided to decorate!





Ryder loved having the Christmas tree in the house and likes running up to it, and then gets so excited as he yells "Kissmiss tee". He was also very fond of this step ladder we used to hang ornaments and loved standing on it and saying "reach, reach". He's so cute I know I'm partial, but some of the sayings he has, and the things he does just melts my heart! I am so blessed to have him in my life and am looking so forward to spending this Christmas with him. I have already been teaching him about what Christmas means and who baby Jesus is so that he understands. I can't wait to see him come down the stairs and the look on his face when he is greeted by his presents.


It didn't take Ryder long to figure out what ornaments were, but we had to use "soft hands" to handle them because he got a little excited and broke a few of them at first! I am a sentimental girl, and so I do cherish the ones that we have bought, or received as gifts over the years and I do plan to always get an ornament for Ryder each year too. I want it to represent what stage he is in at the time and so far we have Thomas the Train and a Moon.

While the decorating was going on, it started S.N.O.W.I.N.G!!! outside! Yes-Snowing!! We couldn't believe it, but it was so beautiful decorating our tree and listening to Christmas music as the snow fell outside. Almost as beautiful as this past years Valentines Day snowfall :)

I love my family more than any words can express and I am looking forward to so many Christmasy themed activities we have planned. The past two Christmas parades in town we had planned on attending didn't quite happen due to the weather, so I will try to find one in the Charlotte area. There is cocoa and cookies with Santa tomorrow morning at one of the nearby townhalls, and then I plan on taking Ryder to a few things this weekend to give he and I some Mommy time.



This was the end result of our tree and the mantel with our stockings hung with care. I had seen a few ideas in Southern Living magazines and Pottery barn for the wreath and mantel ideas. I was really happy with how it all turned out! The rest of our house is more kid-themed with lots of snowmen and santas though which Ryder just loves playing with! I just LOVE this time of year, don't you??

No comments: