Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!!

I am just loving using all these Christmas songs in all of my recent blog titles! I guess I am a little sad that Christmas is now over and we are left with the aftermath of all of Ryder's new toys and games to play with. He is one happy boy and we really did have a WONDERFUL Christmas and I was so happy to get to spend it with my mom, stepdad, and Grannie this year. God also gave us a White Christmas which was even more special and we loved waking up this morning and looking out to see the white snow that had fallen.

We got out our snowsuits and sleds and then we all got dressed to play out in the snow! I couldn't believe how big Ryder had gotten since last year and into January of this year when he last used it. It looks like we may have to even get him a new snowsuit because he is getting so much taller I couldn't believe it! It was still fun playing in his baby sled and we were able to use it to pull him from our house to go sledding down the hill of our neighborhood entrance.




This was the backyard with all of the fresh, powdery snow that had fallen. The Cypress trees look so pretty after a big snowfall and it really made it feel like Christmas this year after the past few weeks we had! We waited until it was light enough outside to go out in the snow, and Ryder was much better this time about getting dressed in his ski bibs and gloves. I think he understood he was better being bundled in the cold snow than not at all! The snow was so freshly fallen that no tracks had even been made yet, and it was even still snowing!
Ryder wasn't really sure about all the snow but we were able to take a few pictures before we went sledding. I decided to leave my camera inside since it was still snowing so that it didn't get wet, but as soon as we got to our snow hill I wish I had it! Ryder did give me a few smiles that I will always remember, but maybe in January we will get another big snow and I can take more pictures then! We are just enjoying the next few days of being off work and getting to spend family time together. We do have a few appointments this week, but we are all very grateful for the time off and looking forward to ringing in the New Year together!! I feel so very blessed for my family and thank God for all that he has given to us. Hope that you and your families had a good Christmas and weekend too!


No comments: