Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Saying Goodbye to 2010!

2010 brought laughs, tears, ups, and downs, but through it all I always had God, family, and friends by my side and with it all I did feel very blessed! Scot and I usually sit down and make our New Years resoltions together, as we review the ones we made the past year to see if we followed through, but this year I have just felt like procrastinating and can only think of three things that I want to strive for in 2011.

#1 After much thought and consideration, I really want to add another baby to our brood! (really badly now, especially since I am realizing just how much older Ryder is getting) Before I let every aspect in our life determine when a good time would be to have another baby, but first and foremost I am the one who makes those decisions and who knows my wellbeing better even than myself is God. As I've said before, I am putting it all into His hands.

#2 I can sit here and say that I have done well with staying in decent shape, but I'd be lying! It was like an on and off switch for me as soon as the words "lets start trying for another baby" recently came out of my mouth and I didn't care what I looked like anymore because my body is going to get big and there's nothing I can do about it anyways. This was not the same mentality I had with Ryder, maybe because I didn't know what to expect and was afraid of letting myself go. With that being said, I want to try to eat well and go to the gym better than I have been, but I'm not putting any pressure on myself to lose weight or anything too crazy, but I do want to look good even if I get pregnant. (okay I feel like I completely just contradicted myself.. haha!)

#3 ..and last but not least (and really should be #1 on my list) is that I want to walk a closer walk with God and to go to church more often. Scot and I were once so tightly knitted in our church, being very involved with Life Group and serving God.. and now we seem to hardly be able to get it together just to make it to church! Where did we go wrong and how did we fall so far?? I have been craving church lately and want to make it a priority, resoltion or not, to get back into going regularly again. I do quiet time and pray still, but my talks with God seem less adequate than they used to and I certainly think Scot feels the same way. I know Ryder is at the age too where he needs it in his life, and I want him to grow up in Sunday School the way that I did. It was such an awakening at Christmas as we took Ryder to the candlelight Christmas Eve service and he got to see baby Jesus, and to have us tell the story to him, and he showed such interest, it really made me feel bad as a parent that we had neglected that part of his life lately.

So here's to bringing in 2011 with open arms and hoping to bring about the good changes in our life and hopefully a new member of our family! I pray that God will bless us richly in the coming year, and we thank Him for our health and for all that he has given, and blessed us with in the past year. Happy New Years from my family to yours!!!

No comments: